Personal information is normally collected directly from an investor when they complete an Offer to Invest; phone, write, email or fax us; or visit our office.
Personal information may include investor identity and contact details, tax file number, bank account details and other required information as generally set out in the Offer to Invest.
Gippsreal will use the personal information provided by investors for the following purposes:
1. Establishing investor identity which may include information being checked with the document issuer or official record holder via third party systems.
2. Managing the mortgage investments on the investor’s behalf.
3. Informing the investor about other potential mortgage investments, services and changes in the mortgage investments.
4. Distributing interest, receipting or redeeming principal funds and reporting to investors.
5. Comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators.
In using the investor’s personal information for these purposes Gippsreal may have to disclose that information to third parties such as its lawyers, auditors, accountants, credit reporting bodies, online electronic identity verification service providers, and other service providers (which may include related party service providers).
Hard copy or electronic records of personal information are kept at our premises and on our computer systems as well as backed up electronically and stored off-site using trusted third parties.
Our premises is protected from unauthorized access through the use of alarms and security patrols, and our computer systems are protected from unauthorized access by firewalls, spam and anti-virus software.
The investor’s personal information will be recorded in a register, required to be kept by law which may be inspected by Gippsreal’s auditor or otherwise as required by law.
The information must be retained for a period of seven (7) years, even if the investor has ceased to be a member of the scheme.
The investor has a limited right to inspect the register.
Gippsreal will use its best endeavours to ensure that the personal information is accurate, is not misused and treated confidentially at all times.
Members may access the information to verify their accuracy and make any amendments or corrections. They may also request personal information to be released to their representatives such as their accountants, lawyers or financial advisors as well as government agencies and departments.
Gippsreal does not disclose personal information to overseas recipients.